Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Thursday, April 5, 2007

Naija Week 12

Hi Y'All,
Happy Easter Celebrations; though I'm not in the slightest mood for celebrations :(

For the first time in 3 months, I didn't want to post a blog update! But its all good sha!

Anyway, this is all I have for this week! Enjoy!

1. WOABD - will leave that for you Einstein's to decipher!

2. Didn't get to present my 7-digit cheque as I was gazumped yet again! Integrity is a far-fetched word in Naija - lots of people lack it because they don't even know it exists!

3. NEPA / PHCN has been at their most gracious best these last few days since I've been here! Not even sure whether to be happy at this, because I've been so used to not having electricity supply! Iya o da o!

4. Seen a particular type of shirt design on at least 20 people over these last few days - must be a designer uniform or something!

5. Went visiting the other day and saw a master bedroom almost the size of some people's abode in jand!

6. Saw a 'Molue' with lights on - I mean full lights plus extra lights! It was shocking!

7. Day 57 - counted 8 formed lanes at a stage on the 3rd mainland bridge on my way to work! Naijas can form the maximum out of the minimum!

8. In Las Giddy, its almost only a matter of time before your old / new car gets scratched - proper baptism of road usage!

9. Day 59 - saw a dead horse by the wayside on the famous bridge. I wonder what killed it and for how long it will remain there before it bursts or before someone thinks it will make good pepper soup! Also, there's a place to sight monkeys on the mainland, just in case you are interested but I have not been fortunate enough to see them yet with my korokoro eyes!

Thats all.

Thats 3 months of .................... in Naija! Have a great Easter break!

Always & Always,
Moi

No comments: