Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Monday, April 30, 2007

Naija Week 15

Hi Folks,

Sorry for the delay - the blog was good and ready to roll on Friday but the ISP connection played up because of the rain - just when I thought it was only in jand that we blame everything on the weather!

Week 15 and still counting! Trust y'all doing great! I'm thinking of wrapping up my Las Giddy blogs / journal. What do you all think? Should I stop or should I go on? Do let me have your feedback as majority will / may carry the votes! Hope you are not yet bored out of your socks reading it :)

Enjoy!

1. Went out with some friends to a restaurant called 'The Londoners' in GRA - mimicking a jand pub setting. It was nice and I had a mixed grill - it was very, very filling and tasty - fries, pork chop, chicken, mushrooms, egg, sausage et al. I chop dem all!

In the same light, I had the best 'porridge' so far in Munchies! So, there are places to go eat out when y'all decide to brave it down here!

2. Had the presidential elections over the weekend. Didn't vote as I wasn't able to register so I spent my day sleeping, lounging, eating and watching TV!

3. Over the weekend still, I just awoke for some strange reason at 2.30am to notice one of the power lines in the Estate sparking up seriously before it finally exploded, giving up the ghost and plunging us all into darkness! It was during this night that I experienced the 'singing mosquito' for the 1st time since I came back to Las Giddy - just when I thought they were a thing of the past!

4. I went past two of my old schools that I attended over 25years ago - the private one portrayed me as 'an olodo', whilst the public one portrayed me as an 'omowe'! Na wa ya o! Never trust child labelling especially negative ones!

5. Attended Latter Rain church where the Pastor made some controversial and bold pronouncements concerning Naija!

6. Day 72 - saw and went past a fire engulfed mass transit bus on the 3rd mainland bridge on my way home - don't know if anyone was unlucky to be in it and hope to God that there was noone caught up in it. There was no fire service officials on site or any attempt to quench it. It was left to burn whilst people drove past it in thick and dangerous fumes. 'Twas completely razed when I went past it on day 73!

7. I seem to be seeing some strange and 'still intact' posters of Las Giddy governorship candidates - names and parties unheard of, even after the elections have been deemed over and done with!

8. Bumped into someone at one of my meetings who seemed to recognise me from over 25 years ago! Shame, I couldn't recollect the name or setting of acquaintance with this chap! Does that mean, I haven't changed over all the years that people instantly remember my face? Habi, make I go change my face?

9. Heard an ad on Day 74 - Buy 2 cars and get 1 free - not just BOGOF but BTGOF! This can only happen in Naija! Fancy this happening in jand - lailai!

10. The heavens opened up during the day on day 74. V.I became notoriously flooded within a few hours; even the Mainland did better than the Island! Saw a man walking without his trousers as he'd removed it to keep it from getting soaked!

Traffic Report: left Lekki at 4.45pm and got home at 9.15pm!

11. Shock! Electricity was supplied about 12.30am last night and was still on even as of the time I was leaving home this morning. So surreal was it that I didnt sleep well at all as I kept anticipating when it will be taken again. This length of power supply is the first of such that I've experienced at home since I came back 14weeks and 6days ago! Halleluyah!

Have a restful and splendid week!

Its moi, keeping it real in Las Giddy!

Always & Always,

Lola

No comments: