Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Friday, August 3, 2007

Naija Week 29

Hi Everyone,

I trust you are all doing great. Amazing how this year seems to be rapidly moving towards December! May God continue to keep us safe and sound!

Here's my piece for Week 29!

Enjoy!

1. Well, what can I say? I came to jand, left and the whole time seemed to have ran by! My trip and prep to the airport was stressful. I almost missed my flight and in fact my luggage was tagged the last bag - can you believe that; had excesses too and I'm sure my hand luggage would have easily weighed about 25kg - still God's mercy prevailed! Anyway, the flight was quite smooth but unfortunately I couldn't get much sleep due to cramps in one leg, even though I had a row of 3 seats all to myself! I'm not rested and sure could do with another holiday - yeah right! But I honestly mean that!

Thanks to all that had an impact in making my stay pleasurable, enjoyable and memorable!

Did I enjoy Jand thoroughly: Yes; Do I / Did I miss Jand: No! If for nothing else but for the unpredictable weather and the credit system!

2. I was met with electricity supply on getting home, almost for the entire day. I was utterly shocked! 'Twas an amazing welcome home gift!

3. Day 146 - I was in traffic (nothing new here) and saw a man who looked quite engrossed in what he was saying to his female passenger, only his female passenger seemed fast asleep and unattentive to him! Maybe na man / woman palava!

4. Currently wearing a pink and burgundy hairdo, so been in pinkies all week. Its been met with utter astonishment, gazes, glances, stares and nice comments!

5. Did I mention that some of my colleagues had been a bit apprehensive that I might not come back from Jand? In fact, some of them thought I had left purely because its unheard of to take time off within the first 6months of employment in Naija. Surely, this policy has to be revisited!

6. Picture this: had a hairdo, eye brow shaping, manicure and pedicure for well less than 10 pounds!

7. Day 148 - Went for a meeting and I had to walk up to the 8th floor because their lift was acting psychotic! I was besides myself for the rest of the day! Well, I'd rather be besides myself than the alternative!

8. Saw a chinko driving a danfo-type vehicle with passengers fast asleep in it. Habi, im get driver job? In the same vain, I saw an Oyinbo woman on an Okada as a passenger! She don acclamatise be that o!

9. Day 149 - My 1st real taste of customer service in Las Giddy! I went to return an item that I'd purchased from a store about 2months ago, which was faulty and got my money back in full! I am and was so impressed! Bravo!

10. Saw a number plate reading DH666GGE!

11. Picture this: you buy a brand new car in Naija and then you have to spend so much etching the registration number all over anything etchable on the car! Do people really go about stealing windows, mirrors et al and even if thats the case, where do you begin to search if they go missing!

12. One of my colleagues told me that there is a hotel in Abuja where if a man and woman are to share a room, they ask them to present their marriage certificate! Dat one be abolition of fornication and adultery o!

But hem, my people, if na two men nko? Dey for ask them for marriage certificate too o because of the kin thing wey dey happen in dis our generation.

Thats all! Have a rested weekend!

Always & Always,

Still Keeping It Real!

No comments: