Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Friday, July 13, 2007

Naija Week 26 - 6 months on‏

Howdy Everyone,

Just can't believe I'm counting 6 months of being in Las Giddy! Thank God for his mercies and strength to have endured thus far!

Many thanks for all your prayers (and continued prayers), love and support to make this move bearable! No regrets sha!

Happy Reading!

1. Picture this - Day 131 - Monday morning at 7.30am! Na so I com dey day-dream as I dey go work. I dey day dream say I dey for beach having a lazy day - you know, getting a tan, got my designer sunglasses on, wearing a sombrero and generally appreciating the breeze and natures beauty. Na im I com see dis man comot im 'shokoto' for bar-beach and begin to sxxx. The speed wey I stop my day-dreaming pass the speed of light o! Before my very eyes, the man was passing out some spiral-looking, continuos defaecation. 'Twas such an ugly and disgusting sight!

Oh what a way to start up the week!

2. Has anyone see the new Audi Jeep? Its nice, isn't it?

3. Day 132 - I got jumped by an 'Opolo' - frog! It wasn't funny! I screamed off my head and was hysterical for a few seconds before I realised it a was a frog! No worries - it was still a worthy good scream!

4. For the first time, I had electricity supply from 8.30pm until 5.45am the next morning. I didn't visit much of lala land that night as I kept waking up at intervals shocked to see and know that there was light! We've however been paying the price since, as there hasn't been any electricity supply since then, hence no aqua too!

5. I went to a book store and saw on display for sale a 'Nigeria Road Atlas'. I hope it helps the traveller; thats all I can say! That means there's hope for Satellite Navigation in Naija! Habi e don happen wey I never know?

6. Day 134 - I saw with my own bare, korokoro eyes - an 'ebo' (pronounced 'ehboh') by a junction on the wayside. I didn't know that alot of those things depicted in the home movies had an element of reality to them. It had feathers and all sorts in the calabash. I was just so shocked to see this and to know that people were still about this sort of thing. I quickly covered myself in the blood of Jesus!

7. A Sony Ericsson billboard Ad in Lagos reads ' I Love Gbedu' well the 'love' is represented by the Sony Ericsson logo! How wonderful to know that foreign companies are recognising the peculiarity of Nigerians and therefore localising their offerings! Proudly Nigerian!

8. My neighbour has had three of his colleagues encounter armed robbers within the last week. One was robbed a few yards to his house, lost his car, valuables and his passenger was injured when he was flung out of his car from his sleep, the car was later recovered; the other lost all valuables and almost his life - was rescued at the point of imminent death by the other robbers when one of them was about to blow off his head and the last a lady, fled the highway with other motorists when a band of armed bandits suddenly pounced on the unsuspecting people around 9pm in traffic. Everyone fled leaving their cars and valuables at the mercy of these miscreants to have a field day.

These victims turned up to work as usual the next day, being grateful to be alive to tell their stories! Life just goes on!

I tell you, Las Giddy seems to be getting crazier by the day, and its purely by the utmost grace of God that one is still in one piece.

Meanwhile the topmost item on the new Governor's to-do list for Lagos is 'security'!

9. Guess who often directs traffic at some of the Island's hot spots in the morning? Kids barely 9/10 years old! Whatever happened to the people whose responsibility it is to do this? And why are these kids not in school?

And thats all from me for this week!

Have a fab weekend!

Always & Always,

Lola (Keeping It Real)

No comments: