Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Naija Week 24

Howdy Y'All!

Another late entry - many apologies! Been a bit depressed actually and still battling that. I guess I'm human after all and covet your prayers for strength!

Enjoy the entries for Week 24!

1. Believe it or not, I was in knee-length boots in a whole ('odindin') Las Giddy for 3 days last week! The weather was very mild and accommodating; and I sure felt like a trend-setter! No, no, it was more like trying to save myself from the cold spells I'd been experiencing of late! Been wearing vests too! Crazy isn't it?

I went for one of my meetings and my clients joked that I'd come to fight them hence why I was cladded in my 3/4 shorts and boots!

2. Confession time! I com ask the Landlord say where I go throway my 'idoti'. E come tell me say make I dey throway am for the empty land wey dey near us. So, na so so throway I don dey do for dis empty land since o. Now, thats the price you pay in Lagos if your land remains undeveloped - it becomes a refuse dump. O, how I miss unfailing refuse collection every Friday in jand!

3. Picture this: Na so, I go buy frozen chicken for supermarket. I come boil am for 10minutes and comot for fire. Something just tell me say make I try the chicken to check whether e don cook. Hey, na so the chicken be like rubber for mouth. Here was me thinking I was cooking chicken in jand that only took 10minutes - forgot I was dealing with the real thing here. It took another 45minutes or so to get the chicken parts to a soft spot.

4. I went to the supermarket to ask for 'frozen spinach'! The look on the attendants faces told it all. They were looks of what on earth is she talking about; wetin be spinach?; why would she want something frozen when the real mccoy could be gotten fresh and more like 'we think she's forgotten where she is'!

5. For the first time since I arrived here, I went through the whole week without spending money on take-out food! Bravo! Really, somehow it happened that I got free brekkies and lunches both in and out of the office! Generous naija people! Now thats something that will not happen in jand!

6. Day 119 - Severe rain and flooding brought the Island to a standstill. I broke the traffic record since I came to town - it took me 5hours and 20minutes to get home. Almost 5 of those hours where in trying to get off the Island - em, equivalent to travelling about 2/3miles fro 5hours!

And thats it. Enjoy your week!

Always and Always,

Lola (Real Life Content)

No comments: