Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Naija Week 52 - Manic, Hot, Dirty Slap!‏

Happy New Year Everyone! Well it’s almost not as new again – so many days already into the year!

Hope we are all set to achieve our SMARTER objectives for this year. Several of mine includes certainly living life to the fullest, trying out some new things, being spontaneous, being daring, being adventurous, becoming a better person etc. How about y’all?

Anyway, just some little events here and there are still going on in my Las Giddy! Here goes!

1. Picture this: 1st working day of the New Year! Its home time for everyone! One of my team members decided to leave on the prompt for a change. I left a few minutes after her. On getting outside the office, I noticed a little gathering. Suddenly I saw her being consoled right in the middle of the road island.

She had a received a full 5-fingered, manic, hot and dirty slap from a ‘supposedly’ mad man! Her face and eye didn’t waste time before they ballooned! She was in instant pain. Apparently the man had come out of nowhere and slapped her as she wanted to cross the road. All this at 6pm!

He hadn’t gone far after the incidence and in fact was threatening with bottles a few yards away when people ‘yapped’ the security guards around to go and over power him. Any way, they got their acts together and apprehended him. Funnily, there was a police check point not too far off. How amazing that crime can be perpetuated around the polices’ nose without them smelling any rats. He was handed over to them, whilst they requested to see the victim.

We took her down in the car and all around got a first hand look at this man. He was monstrous looking. Grubby fingers with rings everywhere! Blackened! Unkempt! My description list is endless so let me just stop.

I was so shaken just seeing him. Cold shivers ran down my spine.

As people gathered, they came up with different theories of why she was slapped. Some said perhaps she was supposed to disappear but maybe she was spiritually strong as a Christian; some said perhaps it was attempted robbery but unfortunately she didn’t let go of her handbag; some said perhaps he was working for someone; some said perhaps he was on a jazz mission, which if successful he maybe riding a jeep a couple of years down the line; some said he wasn’t mad that he was just feigning it. None of us could really tell if he was mad or not. Either way, he definitely was not normal.

He was whisked away to the police station whilst she was asked to come and give her statement. The smart ones amongst us in the crowd told us taking him to the police station was pointless – surely they had a better idea of how the system works. That, without someone paying to keep him in the cell, taking him down there in the first instance was pointless.

Truly, he was sighted two days after the incidence around his regular spots; obviously released into the society to ‘do off’ someone else. That’s Las Giddy justice indeed. As for the victim, she fully recovered after days off work and visits to the hozy!

In all things, we thank God. The ‘what ifs’ could have resulted in something more fatal!

2. Picture this: I went to a friend’s place and was driving back. Not exactly late but it was dark – we get shorter days here too! I missed the turnings that would have taken me back into town without realising it. Suddenly, it dawned on me that I was heading outta town! Without even thinking, I began to reverse on the expressway.

I didn’t just know how much of a ‘Las Giddian’ I had become in a matter of months! Just imagine reversing on the I-95 or the famous M25!

3. Had a full car valet service for N1k! Ehm, £4! You can’t beat that!

4. Can someone please tell me why our roads are plagued with severally disabled people? I saw a man the other day – half of his face / head had been burnt off or should I say burnt out!

5. And lastly, for the joke of the day. Had the office AC Service man call to tell me that really, really does like. I warned him and slammed the phone down. What a joker! Certainly not being choosy! J

That’s it my readers. Look out for my anniversary edition. In your book, 52 weeks = 1 year; in mine it seems 53 weeks = 1 year! I think I mis-counted my blog weeks!

Wishing you all the very best of this year of new beginnings! 2008 is it!

As Always,

Moi (Keeping It Real)

No comments: