Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Monday, January 28, 2008

What Can I Say?‏

Hello Everyone,

Hope you are settling fully into the ‘not so New Year’ anymore. I read through all the comments / emails received. It gladdens my heart to know that in my little way, this Blog has been informative, encouraging, hilarious, down-to-earth; and useful to most of my readers. All I can say is thank you and God bless.

For this episode, here goes:

1. Saw a man with a live medium snake round his neck casually walking down a busy Island road! I wonder how much wealth he is after, since that’s some of the prerequisites I’m told people often have to go through to make money!

2. Has anyone noticed some batch of funny named cars hitting Naija roads these days? Cars like Geely, Tiggo, Actyon, Rexton, Dacia! Where is Dac Geely tigging Actyon to?

Are some companies using us as dumping grounds again for cars I’m yet to see anywhere else?

3. Picture this: Bang right in the middle of a weekend afternoon, I heard a hawker advertising her wares. Here goes: ‘E mu tea, eje buredi o’! I was amazed – just didn’t know such marketing lines where still in existence!

4. We are currently having some Las Giddy chills. Harmattan to be precise but it’s been quite dusty too. Plus, we are having longer nights and shorter days! So, day doesn’t break until just gone 7am!

5. How about these for spelling on national TV: BUGEDT; RESURCES!

6. Las Giddy roads are undergoing some facelifts: getting lined! But what I’m yet to figure out is how it is going to stop our fellows from forming multiple lanes. Habi, LASTMA get plan for us motorists?

7. Somehow I wished I’d been noting down all the crazy plate numbers I’ve seen over time. Will tell you as I see them going forward! Here are some examples for this week: ‘ORUKA’, ‘OMO SEXY’, ‘24’, ‘TJ’ etc. Tell me, how unique can we get?

8. Just picture this! Fancy coming out of your house and finding a man squatted doing what seemed like a ‘biggie’! Yes, that’s exactly what happened. My neighbours and I had had a quick meeting with our landie, and were on our way back when we saw a cabbie packed outside the house and driver bent down doing what seemed like the obvious with his wear fully out. We were so embarrassed and shocked at the same time. After we went past, some decide we should accost him, so we went back after he was done. On telling him off, he said he wasn’t pooing but peeing and that he had to take that posture because he was a Muslim. Then, one of the ladies who was dissatisfied that he wasn’t peeing but pooing voiced out her concern; she said her family were Muslims too and her hubby doesn’t crouch to pee. He then decided to invite all of us to come and see for ourselves! As in, we should come and check out the evidence of his activity! Can you believe that?

Oh, Las Giddy, this can only happen here o!

Is this a new trend, because I have seen at least 3 men do just this within the week!

And that’s it from Las Giddy Ville! Enjoy your week ahead. Ciao!

Always,

Moi

No comments: