Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Friday, January 18, 2008

1st Year Anniversary - A Las Giddian Thanksgiving!‏

Hello Folks,

Happy New Year once again. Thanks so much for your thoughts, texts, comments and emails that still come in regularly. For all the encouragements too, I say thank you!

Hurray, Its my 1st year anniversary in Las Giddy! Who can believe it! I survived it despite all the craziness and challenges! I am indeed most grateful to God for his goodness and mercies that have continually endured forever!

For this week, I have decided to give a highlight of my first year in Las Giddy!

Enjoy!

1. For enduring the manic traffic – I thank God!

2. For the ability to drive without ever knowing how to drive on this side of the road; for being able to adapt to the unwritten driving laws – I thank God

3. For escaping the incidence of a mad man wanting to grab my arse – I thank God

4. For not knowing where the market is and still getting food to eat – I thank God

5. For the natural weight loss of 4kg in one year without desiring it – I thank God

6. For surviving the ‘Chopping A La finger’ incidence; albeit still missing some finger flesh – I thank God

7. For the ability to change hairstyles ever so often with the daring colours – I thank God

8. For the ability to be myself at work without dual personality – I thank God

9. For being able to ‘talk the talk’ when haggling – I thank God

10. For not going blind on the amount of disability I have seen – I thank God

11. For surviving the trauma of seeing a dead and ballooned body – I thank God

12. For surviving two attempted traffic robberies – I thank God

13. For not falling prey to agent housing gazumping – I thank God

14. For surviving all the lightless and waterless situations – I thank God

15. For surviving all the stomach upsets and food poisoning episodes – I thank God

16. For surviving all the heat, the cold and the flooding episodes – I thank God

17. For turning into a ‘Milo and Peak Milk’ morning drinker in a hot country – I thank God

18. For being unfazed now at the sounds of gunshots as they are a part of every day living – I thank God

19. For being able to save now if I so desire unlike in jand – I thank God

20. For the numerous toasters: I am privileged – I thank God

21. For learning how to un-talk for hours and adapt to 30sec call per person – I thank God

22. For the ability to survive in this masculine and mad environment – I thank God

23. For not jumping ship and facing MMA during difficult times, especially on Day 2 of coming back – I thank God

24. For the brainwave for this blog – I thank God

25. For surviving embarrassments such as zipper down, door busting open whilst having a loo section etc – I thank God

26. For surviving all the no soap, no water, no sanitary bins, toilet using incidences – I thank God

27. For eventually graduating from using bottled water for brushing my teeth to using tap water; though I’m yet to graduate from using bottled water to cook – I thank God

28. For the strength and courage to be able to fill my generator with petrol all by myself – I thank God

29. For surviving an army of soldiers bullying – I thank God

30. For a peaceful election and all the fuel strikes – I thank God

31. For God’s seen and unseen mercies; the near misses, the actual accidents of being the ‘hitter’ and ‘hitted’ without fatalities – I thank God

32. For the ability to survive mostly on poultry (never thought I could survive without all the meat) and eating out for almost 9months – I thank God

33. For surviving the traumas of my brother’s, uncle’s et al robberies – I thank God

34. For not loosing my jand accent (yes o, it’s a purchasing power here) – I thank God

35. For surviving the hooligans’ encounter – hitting and jumping on my car; tambolo(s) feasting on the side of my bum – I thank God

36. For making it into Encomium, City People and Celtel Magazines; and the modelling opportunity – I thank God

36. For all the cab journeys and the times when they broke down on the famous bridge – I thank God

37. For enduring the information ‘un-superb’ highway – I thank God

38. For surviving the sight of a gunshot bullet and its survivor – I thank God

39. For having a job yet with no payslips to prove my employment – I thank God

40. For proudly Nigerian – I thank God

So, I have given 40 pointers here, the truth is I can’t begin to thank God enough for all he has done for me in this last year! Indeed He has been good, faithful, kind, merciful etc.

I thank God for this testimony because it presents an irony of life. I gave up everything in jand to come back here; came back to a country and state a lot of people are running from and left ‘a land of milk and honey’ a lot of people are running to. Its all good.

Lets all discover the place of our prosperity – that’s my take!

So, thank you all for making it easy to live through each day since I became a Las Giddian.

Enjoy your weekend and stay rested.

Love Y’All!

Its Moi

No comments: