Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Friday, October 26, 2007

Naija Week 41 - Snooze A La Snooze!‏

Hello Everyone,

How is the TGIF going down your end? I'm definitely glad for it. Hope your week has been great. Many thanks for the calls, emails and comments! I will continue the blog o until when I'm commentless!

Anyway, Enjoy!

1. Picture this: Day 207 - so fatigued and exhausted was I that 'mo pa no lo' at my desk! As in, I literally had to snooze at my desk for about 40minutes or so, before I became normal again. The truth be say, wen sleep use to catch person like dat for jand, na loo person go run to go sleep. Ha, u wan die sha if you go any of our loos here to go snooze o. In fact, the sleep go comot for ya eyes quick quick - as in the toilets are un-user friendly! Having said that though, I remember one time like dat for one ol' job in jand wey person go rest im eyes for toilet. Na so another person com use toilet wey be say, I almost die from smelly suffocation. I run comot as a matter of emergency and urgency!

Nawaya o!

2. Picture this scene: I was on my home when I saw a hawker trying to sell his ware to someone on a bus. He was trying to sell a bottle of Coke to a passenger, which in itself was not the issue but how to reach out to the man on the bus. The bus was one of those big buses like ehm the 'Ekene Dili Chukwu' of Naija; National Express of Jand; and Greyhound of the Yanks! So the boy was jumping up and down like a yoyo in moving traffic trying to get the Coke to the man on the bus and the man was not willing to let go of the money for the Coke until he'd grabbed the Coke in his hand. Eventually, both of them achieved their goal! What a sight! It was a miracle the guy wasn't crushed in the process!

3. Day 208 - a day of terrible traffic on the famous bridge going home! There were scores of cars that had broken down from overheating - bonnets were just flying open! What was worrying was that about 95% of the cars were Mercedes Benz! Is there something worth noting about the Merc considering its considered to be a good ride?

Still on this journey! Na so the cab man com tell me say he wan stop put water for im car radiator or something like dat. I tell am say lailai, dat one no go happen whilst I still dey inside his car! I tell am say nothing go make im stop o for the bridge. In fact, ehn, after he tell me dis, I com dey pray hard make we just comot for the bridge bcos the truth be say, na true the car need the water but I wasn't willing to risk my life bcos of a car or anyone; moreso being night-time!

4. Just a thought here - been wondering how passengers cope with the heat in danfos! If I find it difficult coping with cross-ventilation, how are they coping with un-cross ventilation?

5. Day 209 - I saw with my korokoro eyes two well dressed gentlemen almost engaged in 'gidigbo' on the famous bridge. One had rammed his car into the other. I wasn't recovered from that sight (one which you only see amongst the public transport drivers and area boys) when I saw yet another brawl - one more serious than the 'gidigbo' sight. I think the tanker had driven badly against the molue driver. I just suddenly saw a few people jumping down from the molue and giving the water tanker driver and its occupants some severe rushed beatings using belts and fists; all through their windows. 'Twas brawly!

6. This one is down memory lane! One of my colleagues was in a need of a pen this morning. After having a go at him for coming to work without a pen and loaning him mine, I found some spare 'bic biros' in my laptop bag. I gave him one. On doing that, he jokingly asked if he should put his name on it, in order to stop anyone from nicking it. Then I remembered how we used to guide our biros against being nicked when I was in primary school. How we would note down the bic number like Q-F-24; even write your name on a piece of paper and slip it into the biro cover and even went as far as inscriptions on the biro. Do you remember that? Do you remember 'Suwe' and carrying your magic 'Suwe stone or glass piece' around the place in preparation for a game of Suwe - Now our kids only play with X-Box, Z-Box, PS et al? Do you remember playing 10-10? Do you remember the daddy and mummy game? Do you remember the slate with the Yoruba alphabets -a, b, e, e, f, g, gb? Do you remember having home lessons using black boards and chalks to write? Do you remember Big Deep/Dip? Do you remember Parmalat drink? Do you remember Bata Sandals? For the ladies, do you remember having you hair threaded with rubber / cotton thread and always loving the after effect of leaving your hair abit straightened for a few minutes when you take out the threads?

Times have definitely changed!

Back to reality!

Have a blessed weekend! And Merry Xmas in Advance! Yes o, Merry Xmas in Advance!


Always & Always,
Moi (Keeping It Real)

No comments: