Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Monday, October 22, 2007

Naija Week 40 - Habi, You Get Connection?‏

Hello,

Hope you've had a good weekend. It was definitely one of those days for a 'TGIF' last Friday - sorry I didn't post!



Thanks a bunch for the emails and comments that’s been coming in. I’ve received a few urging me to keep blogging. So blogging, it is! Thanks for reading and keeping this going for me!

Here's my little piece for week 40 - really not much for a change!

1. Public offers are going up for grabs for you investors out there! There seems to be one public offer or another each month. Anyway, Fidelity Bank and FCMB shares are up for sale!

2. Day 204 - It took me just 1hour to get to work. It was amazing as I don't remember the last time such happened - its been taking almost 3hours to get in for the last few months!

3. Sewer endurance! Na soso 'shxx' smell we don dey endure for the last few days for work o. To chop for office don becom wahala! To drink sef, don becom wahala too, as you will be close to puking by the time you are done. And ehm, I hear say management no even won pay to empty the 'thing' properly – becos dey wan move, so na the gutter wey dey outside the compound dem dey pump am into, just to bless our neighbours! Health hazard of the highest order! Na prayer I dey take pray say make client no come visit me whenever the thing dey erupt! Chei, if dis na jand, a for don make plenty money o from litigation like charging them for sewer smelling disorder, smell belle-ful; not to mention office and atmospheric pollution.

4. Picture this - I just realise say without NYSC certificate or exemption certificate, I no fit work o. Ok, where I'm at, they didn't ask for it, being a 1-man band. But then a lot of us abroad think that once you are 30 and above you can get exemption, but that’s not the truth o. Apparently, you can only get an exemption, if you finished University at 30 years of age and above. So does that mean that if I've been away from Naija forever and decide to come back home at 45years of age (and finished all academic acquisitions by 24years of age), that that person has to serve before they can get a decent job?

Habi, you get connection? If you do, abeg I need am o, make me too be able to go out there to market myself for other opportunities.

Meanwhile, everybody dey say the NYSC don go past its ‘sell by date’! Serving is no guarantee for anything! There are graduates out of there that are Okada drivers, jobless, touts, robbers et al. Hmm, nawa sha!

5. Attended a girlfriend’s wedding at the weekend in Abuja. Had to drive to the airport early, something I’d never done before! After missing the terminal by going to MMA2 first, I finally got to MMA and purchased my ticket at 6.30am for a 7.15am flight – ain’t that nice: never try that though for a Friday or Monday Abuja flight! For a VN flight, they left spot on at 7.15am, arrived on the dot at the stipulated time, both for going and coming back. A friend that got there at 7am was denied boarding! I was well impressed with their timeliness and politeness. Whilst this may not be the case every time, one thing is certain, the face of customer service is changing in Naija!

6. Is it true that crime rate is higher in South Africa than in Naija? That’s the vibes being received these days, even from its own nationals! Hmmmmm!

Proudly Nigerian!

Stay tuned for this week’s post! Enjoy your week! May it be stress-free, fulfilling and rewarding!

Always & Always,

Moi (RLC)

No comments: