Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Naija Week 39 - A TV Thing!‏

Howdy Y'All,

Trust you are all doing well and had a great weekend. Well I did (or think I did) as it was 3-day working week last week due to the Sallah break - don't I just love Naija!

So, here's the little I have to report on for the short week!

On another note before I go on, I'm thinking of winding this down gradually, I mean the diary. What do you think?


Read On!

1. Went to the mechanics to service my car at the weekend and heard of a dog called 'Funso'! Quite unique, I'd say! I'd always been used to names like Bingo, Lucky, Charlie; but Funso, never!

2. Still on the same visit to the mechanic, my car was now taken for an engine steam-cleaning session. Whilst there, I now got so pressed to ease myself. Being sat at a 'restaurant' I now politely asked if there was a bathroom to use. On second thoughts, I knew it'd be a miracle for the bathroom to be 'civil' but at that point I was ready to take/make a gamble more so, because I had all my bathroom gadgets in my handbag. Ok, ok, I'm sure someone is wondering what I mean by bathroom gadgets. My BG includes toilet roll, pocket tissue, Tesco's moist tissue, hand anti-bacterial lotion/sanitiser and handcream! Yes o! I carry all these with me as you just never know where you will go and be confronted with some strange permutations of hygiene provisions. For example, no tissue, not enough tissue, no tissue to place on toilet seat, no water to wash hands, no water to flush, water available at start of visit but gone by time of departure, soap on hands with no water to wash off et al. In fact, my permutations can go on!

Anyway sha, na so the boy go find out for me o. On returning, na im, e say make I follow am. Thinking, I had conquered, na soso follow I follow am. E com reach won open space with gutter, e com tell me say na 'here' dem dey piss', say e don bring me com the place o!
In astonishment, I com ask if im sure. I tell say e dey have a laff habi. E too com laff o but true my people, na for dat open place people dey do am o.

I'm sure you can guess that I held my peace until I left there to look for a decent place! But then, I only had that problem being a woman, men don't!

3. Day 199 - I went to church for a morning service and on my way to the car park, a robber had been nabbed whilst trying to steal a stereo from a car or perhaps his intention was even to steal the car! Anyway, he'd been beaten real good and with a police station a few minutes away, getting him handcuffed and marched there didn't take much effort!

4. Picture this: Within the short week, here are the typos spotted on the TV screen - Combact, Octomber, Strories, Distupting, Cheif! Whatever happened to the editors?

5. On the NEPA front, I think I spoke abit too soon a few weeks back, they seem to be getting back to their ol' tricks again; plus what's the point getting supply from them when its going to be at half-capacity? Nawaya o!


Always & Always,
Moi (Still Keeping It Real)

No comments: