Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Naija Week 10

Hi Y’All,

I just can’t believe I’ve been here for 10weeks now! Na wa sha!

Enjoy!

1. I had a near encounter with an ‘area boy’ at the weekend. Thankfully, I had reached the safety of the car before he realised that I had out-smarted him - he didnt find it funny!

2. I went to see a comedy show at the weekend. It was really nice and theuraputic - I laughed my head off! Saw some of our ‘Nollywood’ celebs!

3. I went somewhere still at this weekend and AC dey blow for the toilet! Money dey for this Lagos sha! Nawaya o!

4. Picture this on Day 49 a.m - Na so I come dey hear kurukuru for the bin wey dey my room when I dey sleep. My people, na run I run comot for room go sleep for sitting room because one small ‘ekute’ don dey terrorise us for some time now. E no even gree eat the poison wey we put for ground but I don think sey e don chop am. So if e don chop am, wetin dey do kurukuru for bin this morning? Needless to say, that was the end to my sleep. Now I am tired and out of it at work!

5. Status don change! Now my car gets a clean everyday as compared with four times a year cleaning my old one got! Not cleaning your car daily in ‘Las Giddy’ as someone nicknamed Lagos is unimaginable!

6. Saw a convertible mini in Lagos - nothing ever gets past this place I tell you! Even Bentleys and Ford Focus dey here too! Anyone seen the latest Honda CRV - innovation with a vengeance! I no say na jand dey get all these moto last!

7. Had to do a demo on day 48. As I was talking to the audience, I mentioned the word ‘Bank Holidays’ and they all started laughing at me that I thought I was still in jand; that there is no such thing as bank holiday in Naija but ‘pubulik holiday’!

8. I went to yet another nice restaurant courtesy of Cisco. Ordered some food one of which was beans, it had carrots in it - can you imagine that, anything for USP; it was nice and different!

9. Day 49 - we were both the ‘hitter’ and ‘the hit’ on the way to and from work. Thank God for his mercies!

10. Most Las Giddy driving lesson vehicles are in a very sorry state. In short, you won’t even want to take lessons in them. The cars I’ve seen thus far cannot even be described as mangled but extremely mangled out of shape, description and colour!

11. Saw a brand new armoured vehicle the other day - ’twas on its way to Ajah where there’s been severe land dispute feud. So all you land owners in Ajah, be careful and beware!

12. Fancy filling up your car petrol tank with 15 pounds? Then take a hike to Naija!

13. Picture this: 2 goats, 1 passenger and 1 motorcyclist driver all on an Okada! This can only happen in Naija! You are missing out o! Heya, make una begin book your ticket now, now!

Thats all for now for Week 10! Have a splendid weekend!


Always & Always,
Lola

No comments: