Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Friday, December 21, 2007

Naija Week 50 - African Fog‏!

Howdy Everyone,

Christmas is certainly here! Here’s me wishing you all a wonderful, fabulous and blessed Christmas from Lagos Diary.

As for me sha, certainly no plans! I intend on at least ensuring enough munchies (been told my fridge looks like a bachelors fridge, so I want to rectify that reputation!) at home and treating myself to episodes of ‘Desperate Housewives’ all through! Whaddaya think?

For Week 50, here’s my little read! Enjoy!

1. For the first time, I must say, LASTMA (Lagos State Traffic Management Authority) is doing a fantastic job. I just can’t begin to imagine what traffic will be like without them in Las Giddy. They are out there come rain / sunshine / dusty environment. Bless them!

2. Day 256 – As I passed through traffic on the highway, there was a disabled guy lying flat on his belly begging for arms. For the life of me, I don’t know how people where able to get past without causing further destruction to him!

3. African fog don land o! We dey call am ‘Harmattan’! I looked out of the window this morning and boy, it was dead foggy. Na im I begin wonder whether I get fog light for car or not. Even if I do, I no sabi where de thing be! It took me years to figure it out in my old car in jand, so not sure how long it will take for me to source it this time around!

The weather is however dead HOT at the peak of the day!

4. Picture this: Day 257 – saw a ferociously burning luxurious bus! It was terrible. I froze as I saw it. I think it’s the worst I’ve witnessed since I’ve been here. And cars where desperately trying to drive past it because it occurred where the only way out of that route was to go past the burning bus. Fire brigade was no where in sight and I’m told anyway that such doesn’t exist and that it’s just a joke here. Fire Vehicles with no means of quenching flames! God help us! Yet, our leaders are well travelled and know how these things work in developed countries! Such a shame! I’m not sure if lives where lost or not, but I won’t be surprised if people had been roasted in those flames!

5. Saw a newly released Nollywood movie entitled ‘Bird Flu’! Na wa o! I tell you, the movie titles they come out with are ridiculous. So, if na Bird Flu today, tomorrow, it may me chicken pox, measles, foot and mouth, shegede et al. Hmm, no comment!

And that’s it for this week.

Have a great weekend ahead as the lastminute.com rushes take place around town for that special couple of days that will be over by this time next week. Shuush, did I just say that? Oh sorry!

Enjoy it sha!


Always & Always,

Moi (RLC)

No comments: