Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Friday, September 21, 2007

Naija Week 36 - Night Rider!‏

Howdy Y'All!

Definitely TGIF! So glad for it. Trust you've had a fab week unlike moi here completely stressed out by the amount of traffic that's suddenly hit Las Giddy accesses to the Island!

Thanks yet again for your readership, comments, emails, thoughts and prayers - all so very much appreciated!

Happy Reading!


1. As mentioned already, traffic seems to have suddenly gone bunkers this week. My travel time this week has been averaging 5hours daily excluding work trips!

2. Day 182 - Witnessed a merciless beating of a woman by a man, from a distance. The woman kept receiving beatings (slaps and kicks) from the man before the time we hit traffic at that spot even past when we moved on. There were people standing around the scene, who seem not to be doing much to diffuse the situation. I was confused at the sight; wondering what on earth her crime may have been!

3. Alot of Okada drivers dress code in Las Giddy include the following: Big fake goggles, no helmet, 'dunlop' slippers (flipflops) and socks! Socks + Dunlop slippers? What a combo! Isn't this a recipe for disaster?

4. How about this for an address - Mortuary Road? Was having a snack only to notice the manufacturers address. My people, the confidence to continue to chop the 'epa' fly comot quick, quick o!

5. Seems half of the famous bridge becomes lit at night times now and its such a beautiful sight to behold. Perhaps the government is working their way up to lighting the whole length of it! Weldone!

By the way, how come the state government is donating vehicles to the police force which is a federal institution? Am I missing something here?

6. Picture this - Night Rider! I never thought I'd see the day I will do late night driving in Las Giddy. Got home at 11.30pm; na food cos am sha - I go collect food! Needless to say, I prayed all the way home and its not something I would like to do again soon.

7. Here's a Las Giddy tip on cab pricing. The true cost of your journey is half the price given to you by the cab driver. So if you are quoted N1000 for a journey, know that the actual cost of that trip is N500!

8. An another observation! People buy fuel whilst their engine remains running. Isn't that dangerous? God have mercy o!

9. Attended a friend's naming ceremony, little did I know that the residence was in Ogun State - took a cab down! So, it seems like I've broken my own record that states that going to the Island equates to my travelling outside Las Giddy; but I've now travelled to Ogun state!

Thats all I have for this faithful Week 36! TGIF once again!

Have a restful weekend!


Always & Always,
Moi (Keeping It Real)

No comments: