Search This Bhttp://lola-life-in-lagos.blogspot.com/log

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Naija Week 35 - Mold Invasion!‏

Hello All,

Here's a Week 35 late entry - soooooorrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyy!

Thanks once again for all your comments and emails. Writing with much love!

Enjoy!

1. Day 176 - On my way to work, the cab I was in developed a flat tyre on the famous bridge. This was one of the things that I'd always dreaded. Anyway, as soon as this happened, I disembarked wondering what next to do - at least I didn't think of dialling 999 for a change! Suddenly, I just saw an official car for one of the firms located near my office. I hailed the driver, explaining what had happened to the him and its occupants. They were more than happy to give me a lift and get me off the bridge. Thank God!

2. Day 176 - Just before I got to the office, there was an accident scene that had apparently occurred over the weekend were some NEPA poles had been dislodged. Some were lying on a security van, whilst some wires dangled precariously. Some havoc had been wreaked. We concluded in the car that perhaps the security had ran into the poles. This theory remained until one of my colleagues came to the office later to tell the story of how the poles had actually fallen onto the security van and how he'd been riding on an okada and his neck got caught in one of the dangling wires - which thankfully wasn't live at the time. He came off very lightly with lacerations but could easily have been decapitated!

3. Day 177 - Saw a dozing dog, with its head literally dropping to one side. Thought this was only humanly possible!

4. Was back to the hospital regarding my precious thumb! It had to be anaesthetised again to remove the stitches that had refused to dissolve. The pain was BAD! Basically, the lost flesh had began to grow, the stitches had refused to dissolve whilst some part remained infected! So, the stitched part had to be literally cut off with the entwined flesh, so I was back to a fresh wound! Luckily, I had a caring and patient attendant, who's now been attending to my thumb specially since to ensure a thorough and total recovery!

5. Day 179 - I had 3 square meals for the first time ever at home! Brekkie, Lunch and Supper!

6. Ehm, on the issue of this N529m / N628m house renovation by the house speaker. Here's my thought on the matter:

I had always wondered how someone would 'chop' billions of Naira during their tenure in office but now I know its truly possibly. If one person don chop N628 in 100 days of being in office that means dat over a 4-year tenure (1460 days), the person go don chop 628/100*1460 = N9168.8m; at the rate of N6.28m per day! Habi make me sef change profession? Na God go judge all of us!

7. Attended my first proper social outing on Saturday - a friend's wedding. 'Twas definitely a nice setting and a relief to be a socialite in Las Giddy for a few hours!

8. Picture this - Mold Invasion! Na im I won wear one of my baffs, I com discover say mold don catch am. My shoes, my sputts, belts, even my leather skirt (no ask me wetin I won do with my leather skirt for Naija o!).

Help! What do I do to prevent this?

And thats it folks!

Enjoy the rest of your week!


Always & Always,
Moi (Still keeping It Real)

No comments: